To improve the quality of life for patients by providing excellent, safe and accessible health care, supported by teaching, learning and research.
World class services and hospitals that are recognised as those of choice for the people of Merseyside, Cheshire and beyond.
We value patients first; learning and development; quality; innovation, team work; and value for money.
Our strategic objectives:
- Clinical excellence - to provide excellent care to all our patients
- Patient safety and outcomes - to ensure the safety and effectiveness of our services
- Patient experience - to deliver a high quality patient experience
- Productivity - to ensure we make the best use of people and our physical and financial resources
- Research, development and innovation - to support high quality research and development for the benefit of patient care
Our strategic priorities
Emergency care - to provide trauma services and high quality emergency care based around the fast-track management of patients
Planned care - to provide accessible, efficient and effective patient-centred diagnostic and treatment pathways in appropriate environments
Cancer - to be the cancer centre for Cheshire and Merseyside
Integrated care - in conjunction with Liverpool PCT to develop and provide integrated pathways of care.