Visiting hours vary throughout our hospitals, but all wards are open to visitors at the following times:
If you are unable to attend during the above hours, please speak to the ward staff to discuss other visiting arrangements if possible.
Patients mealtimes are protected, so during this time your visitors are only allowed into the wards if they are helping you with your meal.
- all visitors are asked to use the hand gel provided when entering and leaving wards
- if the patient you have come to see is receiving treatment when you arrive, you may be asked to wait
- only two visitors are allowed at the patient’s bedside at one time
- children under the age of 12 years should be accompanied by an adult. We advise you not to bring children in to visit - please check with the ward manager first
- all visitors are asked to show consideration for the other patients on the ward
- please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or if you have had any vomiting or diarrhoea symptoms in the past 72 hours. You could be putting your loved on or other patients at risk if you come into hospital when you don't feel well.
Bringing food into the hospital
The following list contains the only item which may be brought into the hospital by patients and visitors, pre-packaged low risk foods such as;
- Pre-wrapped biscuits
- Fresh fruits
- Non-alcoholic bottled or canned drinks
It is our policy that food brough in by visitors must not be reheated on the ward.
Please ensure you check with the ward staff the food brought in by your visitor is suitable for you to eat
We would be grateful if calls were kept to the minimum during shift hand over periods:
- 7.15am - 7.25am
- 1.15pm - 1.45pm
- 8.55pm - 9.15pm