Easy Read Information
This page gives information about work we do in the Dental Laboratories.
What we do
The Laboratory is made up of three departments:
- Crown and bridge
The Dental Hospital benefits from having an in-house Dental Laboratory services. This provides an improved patient experience by having technical expertise on hand, and assists in the education of dental students.
Dental Laboratory Services
The Prosthetics laboratory provides dental appliances and technical support to the patient clinics in the Dental Hospital. We construct all appliances to a clinical prescription including:
- Complete and Partial Acrylic Dentures
- Colbolt Chrome Dentures
- Variety of Occlusal Splints
- Palatal Obturators
- Implant Retained and Implant Supported Dentures
- Orthodontic Laboratory
- The orthodontic laboratory is part of the Orthodontic and Paediatric clinics. The main role of the Lab is to provide technical support to the clinics and to provide a range of orthodontic appliances. These appliances range from simple removable retainers and braces, to more complex myo-functional designs. To accompany these appliances we produce a range of specialist models (a mould of the patients mouth) for diagnostic and monitoring purposes. We construct all appliances to a clinical prescription. We also provide appliances to the paediatric clinic in the form of simple dentures and splints. The laboratory has close links with neighbouring hospitals, liaising with the possible next stages of patient treatment.
Crown and Bridge Laboratory
The Crown and Bridge laboratory provides various dental appliances and technical support to the patient clinics in the Dental Hospital. We construct appliances to a clinical prescription and these include:
- Crowns and bridges
- Gold shell crowns
- All ceramic crowns and bridges
- Advanced implant supported restorations following a strict patient criteria
- Full diagnostic wax ups for treatment planning
- Simple bite raising appliances
Liverpool Dental Hospital Laboratories manufactures all dental appliances to satisfy the attributes, characteristics, properties and features specified on the dental appliance prescription by the prescribing clinician(s) for the exclusive use of the named patient.
Ensuring a Quality Service
All of our technical staff are CRB checked, hold relevant qualifications and have many years experience in the field of Dental Technology.
In addition to this all technical staff are registered with the General Dental Council, which is the governing body who regulate the Dental profession.
This ensures continuing personal, professional and educational development to its technicians as well as ensuring patient protection.
We are located on the 2nd floor of the Dental Hospital
The technical dental team is split over three departments:
- Crown and Bridge
Each department has a chief technician supervising over a total of 18 technical staff who are split over the three areas. The departments are made up of senior dental technicians, dental technicians and laboratory assistants. All of these professionals have a duty to assist in the quality of care provided to our patients, as well as providing support to our undergraduate and postgraduate dental students.
We have close links with the University of Liverpool Dental School aiding the education of undergraduate dental students.