Easy Read Information
This page has information about the hospital pharmacy.
It tells you information about:
- The services provided by the pharmacy
- The opening times
- The staff involved and how to contact them
Introduction from Alison Ewing
"Welcome to the Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust pharmacy department web pages. I am privileged to lead a dedicated team to support the safe and effective use of medicines for all our patients.
The Pharmacy Department is established as a clinical support directorate and employs approximately 150 staff, including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, dispensers, assistant technical officers, information analysts, clerical officers and porters. At any one time, up to 3 pre-registration pharmacists and 4 pre-registration technicians are undergoing training with us.
As would be expected for a major teaching hospital complex and we open our pharmacy seven days a week and have staff available 24 hours a day in order to ensure medicines and pharmacy advice is available at all times. We are part of the Centre for Pharmacy Innovation in partnership with Lloydspharmacy and Liverpool John Moore’s University. We have ongoing research into improving the patient journey.
The pharmacy is recognised for its innovation and is at the forefront of developing novel ways of working to embrace technology and the rapid development of new treatments."
Professor Alison B Ewing - Clinical Director of Pharmacy & Therapies
Interested in a career at the pharmacy?
Find out more about our positions below:
The Royal Liverpool Pharmacy Department
Telephone :0151 706 2090
Facsimile : 0151 706 5838
The Broadgreen Pharmacy Department
Telephone: 0151 282 6056
Facsimilie : 0151 282 6218
Normal opening hours are:
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
The BGH pharmacy is NOT open on a weekend or Bank holiday
Where we are
The Royal Liverpool Pharmacy Department is situated on the ground and lower ground floors with the main enterance and patient waiting room on the corridor that leads to the ABC lifts from the main foyer opposite the Haemotology Department.
The Broadgreen Pharmacy Department is located on the ground floor of the Alexandra Wing opposite the Physiotherapists
- Visit the Department of Health website here
- Visit the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain website here
- Visit the General Pharmaceutical Council website here
- Visit the Association of Pharmacy Technicians website here
- Visit NHS Direct website here
- Visit the NHS Choices website here
- Visit the Pharmaceutical Journal Online website here
- Visit the NHS Jobs website here
- Visit the UK Medicines Information website here
- Visit the EMC Medicine Guides website here
- Visit the Pan Mersey Area Prescribing Committee website here