skip to main content

Easy Read Information

You have the right to get information from the Trust. It is called Freedom of Information (FOI).

This page tells you:

  • How to ask for information
  • What information you can get

Other information

The Information Assurance Team handles Freedom of Information Requests. Requests can be split into categories, dealt with by one of the following:

  • Data Protection Act 2018
  • GDPR 2016/679
  • Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR)
  • Freedom of Information Act 2000

The Freedom of Information Act (2000) gives members of the public the right to request information from public authorities. The aim of the Act is to promote greater openness and transparency.

Guidance for making a request

  • the request must be in writing – this can be either hand written or in the form of an email
  • the request must include a name for the person making the request
  • the request must contain an address/contact details for the person making the request
  • the request must describe exactly what information is required. Help will be offered in refining any queries to make them comply with this criteria
  • you do not need to be a United Kingdom national or resident to make a request

What we will provide in order to help you

We have a duty to provide advice and assistance to people submitting a request for information. Help will be offered in refining queries to ensure requests comply with the required criteria. This help includes:

  • the provision of a Publication Scheme that is made widely available and kept up to date
  • staff providing advice and assistance to members of the public who are seeking to make an individual right of access request
  • the availability of a complaints procedure for individuals who feel that they have been dealt with unfairly
  • dealing with individual right of access requests within 20 working days (upon receipt of payment were applicable) or to otherwise keep the individual informed of possible reasons for delay
  • a duty to ‘confirm or deny’ the existence of information held (unless to do so would contravene an exemption)
  • a duty to advise the reasoning behind a decision by the Trust not to release information that has been requested (unless this reasoning itself is subject to an exemption)

Contact Form


The material available through this Publication Scheme is subject to The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust’s copyright, unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated on the material to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading manner. Where any of the copyright items in this Scheme are being re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source of the material and acknowledge the copyright status. Permission to reproduce material does not extend to any material accessed through the Publication Scheme that is the copyright of third parties. You must obtain authorisation to reproduce such material from the copyright holders concerned. For HMSO Guidance Notes on a range of copyright issues please visit the HMSO website or contact them using the details below:

HMSO Licensing Division
St Clements House
2-16 Colegate

01603 621000
01603 723000