Easy Read Information
The Green House is a Sexual Health Clinic for men who like men.
This page has:
- Information about our services
- How to find us
- Our opening times
A dedicated sexual health clinic for men who like men. We are based at the Liverpool Centre for Sexual Health at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital. The clinic is run by doctors and nurses who specialise in sexual health and have particular understanding of the needs and issues of gay and bisexual men.
The Green House
Thursday 15:00 - 18:00 (Appointments only)
Our key priorities
Our service is free. We are part of an NHS organisation so all tests and treatment are free.
Confidentiality. We understand the difficulties in discussing the most personal aspects of your life and give absolute reassurance about confidentiality. Our computer system is separate from the rest of the hospital and from your GP.
Respectful and non-judgmental. We will never judge you on what you say or do. People are free to make choices about their life and we respect that. We are here to help and advise not to criticise.
Services we offer
- Full sexual health check including chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV & syphilis
- Rapid HIV test. A finger-prick test that gives a result in 20 minutes.
- Routine HIV test. A highly sensitive test that is reliable from 4-6 weeks after a risk
- Hepatitis B & C screening and Hepatitis B vaccination
- Free condoms and lube
- PEP - Post exposure prophylaxis if you have or may have been exposed to HIV. This medication which is taken for a month can reduce your risk of HIV by up to 80%. We offer it up to 72hrs after a risk, but works best if taken straight away.
- Advice & support about safer sex, drugs, alcohol and general lifestyle.
- Referral to HIV service for those with known, or newly diagnosed, HIV
The Green House
Based at Liverpool Centre for Sexual Health
Royal Liverpool Hospital
For advice or to make an appointment please call 0151 706 2623