Easy Read Information
A Prosthesis is where we make something to replace a part of your body which is missing.
Prosthetic Dentistry is about false teeth and implants.
This page gives you more information about our Prosthetic Dentistry service and how to contact us.
What we do
This treatment is provided by dental students under supervision of specialist tutors.
Access is available via a general medical or dental practitioner.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a “root device” usually made of titanium, used in dentistry to replace missing teeth.
Who is eligible for implants on the NHS?
- Head and neck cancer patients
- Trauma cases (victims of road traffic accidents)
- Hypodontia patients (patients with congenitally missing 6 or more teeth)
This criteria is determined by the Primary Care Trust. Patients who do not fit into these criteria are advised to seek a private practitioner.
Telephone us on 0151 706 5253
Or visit us at:
Liverpool University Dental Hospital
Liverpool, L3 5PS
- Dr A J Preston - Consultant
- Mrs H McEvoy - Dental Nurse Manager
- Mr C J Butterworth - Consultant
- Mrs L Waldron Specialist - Dental Nurse