Easy Read Information
This page explains about visiting hours.
It includes information about:
- Visiting hours
- Some rules for visitors
- Visiting at mealtimes
- Times to telephone patients
In order to protect patients, staff and the public we are introducing new visiting arrangements. We want to maintain contact and support between our most vulnerable patients, and those at end of life, their families and carers, whilst ensuring that we take measures that prevent the spread of the infection. These measures reduce the possibility of the virus inadvertently being brought into the hospital and help to keep our staff, patients and visitors safe.
Until further notice, visiting is only permitted for patients who are in their last days/ hours of life receiving end of life care. Visiting is restricted to a maximum of one close family member per patient.
Staying or Visiting
Patients mealtimes are protected, so during this time your visitors are only allowed into the wards if they are helping you with your meal.
- all visitors are asked to use the hand gel provided when entering and leaving wards
- if the patient you have come to see is receiving treatment when you arrive, you may be asked to wait
- only two visitors are allowed at the patient’s bedside at one time
- children under the age of 12 years should be accompanied by an adult. We advise you not to bring children in to visit - please check with the ward manager first
- all visitors are asked to show consideration for the other patients on the ward
- please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or if you have had any vomiting or diarrhoea symptoms in the past 72 hours. You could be putting your loved on or other patients at risk if you come into hospital when you don't feel well.
Bringing food into the hospital
The following list contains the only item which may be brought into the hospital by patients and visitors, pre-packaged low risk foods such as:
- Pre-wrapped biscuits
- Fresh fruits
- Non-alcoholic bottled or canned drinks
It is our policy that food brought in by visitors must not be reheated on the ward.
Please ensure you check with the ward staff the food brought in by your visitor is suitable for you to eat
We would be grateful if calls were kept to the minimum during shift hand over periods:
- 7.15am - 7.25am
- 1.15pm - 1.45pm
- 8.55pm - 9.15pm
All ward telephone numbers can be found by clicking here
Disability Access Guides
Disabled access guides can be viewed here