Easy Read Panel
Staff Benefits are some of the things that staff get as well as their normal pay. This page explains some of the Benefits that we can provide.
- Except for very senior managers and medical staff, all staff are paid under the national Agenda for Change terms and conditions. Pay determination is underpinned by a robust job evaluation scheme which applies in full to all staff across the UK who are employed directly by NHS organisations.
- Payments are also made for work done out of hours, overtime etc.
- Generous annual leave entitlement with 27 days plus Bank Holidays for staff who are new to the NHS.
- The NHS Pension Scheme is one of the most generous schemes available.
- In addition to the annual leave provisions, the Trust operates a Special Leave Policy, which assists staff in balancing home and work life with support for caring responsibilities, bereavement and time off for Public Duties.
- Chaplaincy Service – is available to everyone of whatever faith or belief and whilst being a member of the Trust is also someone who can listen informally, standing outside a particular situation. Prayer and quiet room facilities are available on each site.
- The Trust has excellent relationships with a number of companies offering a range of discounts and cash back opportunities. This includes a wide variety of retail outlets, including several supermarkets and holiday companies.
- A number of services are available through payroll deduction e.g. Medicash or Simply Health cash plans for optical, dental and other therapies –
- The Trust works in partnership with Trade Unions, some having offices on site with accessible resources and information for staff. Trade Union subscriptions can be deducted directly from your pay if desired.
Health and Well-being Programme
We offer a fast track physiotherapy service for all staff
We have an established Staff Therapy Service, which includes an occupational therapist for early intervention for staff suffering with stress and stress related conditions. The service also offers access to a physiotherapist to ensure that staff with musculoskeletal conditions receive early treatment. This service has been extended to include access to dieticians for staff with gastrointestinal conditions.
Trust Weight Loss Challenge.
Every week staff have the opportunity to be weighed and get dietary advice. We are working to extend this initiative in Broadgreen in the near future.
This Trust has a comprehensive range of physical activity programmes that give staff the ease of access to opportunity to attend classes.
- Tai Chi
Details can be found on the Staff hub pages of the intranet, in “In Touch”, or in the monthly Health and Wellbeing Update. We also ensure that as many staff as possible make informed choices about what they eat. We have increased awareness in a number of ways including running seminars for staff on calories, sugar and fats.
Staff Support Service
We offer a 24/7 help line for staff you need personal advice on a various subjects.
Staff Awareness Sessions
Specific programmes to improve staff health and wellbeing, such as Skin Cancer Awareness sessions, “Love Your Liver” and helping you to quit smoking sessions. During 2017 we will be repeating our initiative on Menopause, inviting experts in to the Trust and giving this issue (Which effects 20% of our staff) a greater profile.
Various workplace challenges - Step challenge working in partnership with Merseyside Sports Partnership as this in an initiative where we all can participate. It doesn’t matter what your shape, size, age or level of activity is – everyone can benefit.